I just received a mail from our HR saying that Morgan Stanley Shanghai Group is gonna grow bigger! And we are looking for talents who will work in Shanghai. So my Blog readers, if you are interested in the following position or your classmates/former colleagues/friends fit it, please kindly contact me for possible interview. The Job Description is as follows:
Department: Information Technology
Position: STP – Regional Project Developer (Associate level)
Salary: Open depending on qualifications
Effective Hire Date: Immediate
Team / Project Background:
The Straight Through Processing (STP) Asia Team develops and supports business applications for Institutional Securities to provide world class automation, efficiency and client service through innovative and cost effective technology solutions for trade and post-trade processing.
The Team offers a challenging position as a Regional Projects Developer. The regional projects deliver innovative solutions to Operations in Asia that aim to reduce risks, improve client services and increase efficiency.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the Regional Project development. This role has responsibility for the development of technical solutions to support efficiency, capacity improvements and business re-engineering for the business unit. This encompasses the whole development lifecycle from requirements analysis to implementation, employing the most appropriate technologies such as Java, .NET, Perl, Sybase, SOAP on the Windows / Web / Unix platforms.
This role offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and friendly environment locally and globally and would suit someone who is looking to utilize and expand their applications development and project management skills.
* Work closely with the users on Requirements Analysis;
* Conduct Technical Analysis and create the Design Specifications. Be able to understand business needs and translate into technology solution;
* Implement the systems using the latest technologies;
* Perform Unit / System / Integration Testing;
* Coordinate with users on the User Acceptance Testing;
* Coordinate with global team on deployment and firm-wide initiatives;
* Support the production systems and applications
* 1~4 years experience in software development. Preferably with experience on n-tier architecture which span across multiple platforms (e.g. Web-based, Windows and Unix);
* Strong programming skills using C# / Java / Perl / Unix Scripting / VB;
* Strong relational database skills on Sybase / MS Access;
* Working knowledge on cross platform systems running on Windows XP / Unix / Linux;
Character / Professional skills:
* Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills;
* Good communication skills including being able to explain technical issues to non-technical people;
* Ability to work with individuals at all different levels within the Firm and from many different business areas;
* Strong interpersonal skills and good team player;
* Result-oriented with professional ownership, follow-through to resolution of issues;
* Highly organized, self motivated and proactive with capability to work with minimal supervision;
* Good project management skill and capable of leading and coordinating a project;
* Strong time management skills and capable of prioritizing project tasks to meet shifting business demand;
* Creative and flexible while observing rules and standards;
* Strong business acumen;
* Enthusiasm for and interest in new technologies
* Preferably with working experience in the financial industry;
* Undergraduate degree in a scientific / mathematical / engineering subject
Not avaliable now!